Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Daily moviefilm

The Rage in Placid Lake: I watched this movie just because it was the next one that looked interesting, and I didn't remember exactly why I added it to my queue. I knew it was a quirky indie flick, and that I would either love it or hate it. Surprise - neither! There were some real laugh-out-loud moments, and I'd never really known who Ben Lee was, so getting to know him was nice. But all in all, it seemed like it was trying a bit too hard to be something it just wasn't. However, it is an Australian film, and there are times when I don't get that humor as much as I dig British humor. I would recommend this one to people who like unusual films about underdogs and subculture, but not to my mom or my sister. They definitely would not get it.

No comments: