Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Daily DVD





Whoops! This leave of absence has been going by much faster than expected, and every day is taken up with the minute-by-minute dealings of having a newborn. Excuses over - let's rock:

As a movie that pretty much serves as the gold standard of comedy in the 90's, and a film that I pretty much know by heart, we decided to save time by skipping this one and moving on to the next DVD in the bunch. Not that much time was saved, and we're still many weeks behind. I'm going to leave this entry with three words: Finkel and Einhorn.







The Addams Family/Addams Family Values: MY LOVE FOR RAUL JULIA WILL NOT BE DENIED. Addams Family was the first movie I ever went to solo, and I would do it again repeatedly, if only to watch Raul smolder, simmer, and ignite the celluloid while freaking the Tango with Morticia, perfectly played by Anjelica Houston. I love Anjelica in this role, and I love her even more in Woody's Crimes and Misdemeanors - she is so blocky and awkward, as opposed to her slinky gothic grace as Morticia. Christina Ricci as a young Wednesday = just about perfect casting, combined with a very adept big screen representation of the classic television show, and you've got a fun popcorn flick that holds up.

I am having issues posting pix and moving them to where I want, so...sorry about the haphazard arrangement of the dvd covers.

No comments: