Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Adventureland




I'm still not sure how I should organize the movies I rent and watch, but don't own. They are different from the Daily DVD, the attempt to get through our DVD collection in order, but yet I want to keep track of what we watch. I guess I will post a few and see what sticks. I'm also going to begin back-dating the posts so that I can do more posts in one day, something that I'm going to have to do with a very needy toddler demanding attention almost constantly.

Case in point: I am back-dating this post for May, but I am actually writing this review in September. Yes, that is how far behind I am. Hopefully it will show up in the correct order. Anyway - Adventureland. I was hoping for a little more 'Dazed and Confused', and a little less Kristen Stewart, but it was mildly enjoyable, nonetheless. Jesse Eisenberg is everywhere these days, and he is starting to grow on me (especially after watching Zombieland, which I will be reviewing shortly). Ryan Reynolds was out of place here - I don't buy that he worked there for the summer, and he looked all of his 30-odd years. The best thing about this movie is undoubtedly the soundtrack - it completely owns.

No comments: